The January 2021 issue of Sibelius One’s magazine is in the final stages of production and will soon be sent out to subscribers. It will include the following articles:
- Sibelius and the Symphonic Poem – Tuomas Kinberg
- My Grandfather Jean Sibelius and the Finnish Colour in his Music – Satu Jalas
- Jean Sibelius in the Netherlands – Rob Ebbers
- Jean and Aino: In the very trees of Ainola – Leon Chia
- The Kerava Connection – Andrew Barnett
- Karajan’s Sibelius – Peter Frankland
Please click here for further information about our magazine and how to obtain copies.
Our January 2018 magazine is being printed and will be sent out to subscribers within a few days.
Click here for more information about this and previous issues of our magazine.
The January 2018 issue of Sibelius One’s full-colour magazine is currently in preparation, with a selection of articles and contributions from eminent authors and scholars plus a listing of major new CD releases. Subscribers will receive the magazine in January.
To receive your magazine, make sure you select the ‘printed copies’ option when joining Sibelius One (just £5 for two issues).
If you would like to add the magazine to your existing subscription, or to purchase individual copies (£5 each plus postage – also available to non-members) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights of the forthcoming issue:
- Sibelius’s music for ‘Everyman’ Eija Kurki
- Sibelius and Busoni Ernest Pauwels
- The Spell of Italy John Grimshaw
- Jean Sibelius. Un Finlandais en France Peter Frankland
- And the Sounds are Godlike: The Symphonies of Sibelius (Part Two) Leon Chia
Click here for a listing of articles in previous magazines.
Sibelius One’s January 2017 magazine has been sent out to subscribers (despatched on Monday 23 January). Articles in this issue:
- Jean Sibelius and Finnish Culture –
the changing significance of Finlandia Hannu Salmi
- Greetings from Hämeenlinna Erkki Korhonen
- Kullervo goes to Minnesota Robert Suff
- Setting the Record Straight About Ian Maxwell’s Sibelius discography
- Playing Sibelius under Paavo Berglund
(and a few other conductors) Philip Borg-Wheeler
- Maestro Sibelius Peter Frankland
To subscribe to the magazine, make sure you select the ‘printed copies’ option when joining Sibelius One (just £5 for two issues).
If you would like to add the magazine to your existing subscription, or to purchase individual copies of this issue or back issues (£5 each plus postage – also available to non-members) please contact email@example.com
Click here for a list of articles in all issues of the magazine to date.